Spend quality time with your child with this easy arts and crafts activity. Create your own free-standing 3D bunnies to send to friends and family this Easter. Or your child can keep them to play puppet games with.
Creating your bunnies is straightforward and allows your child to be creative.
You will need:
- Coloured sheets of card
- A pencil
- A pair of scissors
- Small pieces of pink and white felt or sheets of card
- A glue stick
- A pen
- A cotton ball
- Fold a rectangle of thin cardboard in half. Draw a shape for a body against the fold.
- Draw a shape for a head on another piece of cardboard. Add two long ears.
- Cut around the shapes. Then put the piece for the body to one side.
- Cut shapes for a nose, cheeks and ears from pieces of material. Colourful card works great! Glue them onto the head to make a face.
- When the glue is dry, draw two eyes and a little mouth with a pen.
- Glue the head onto the body. Then glue on a piece of a cotton ball for a tail.
- Pull the legs apart to make the card stand up. Your bunny is ready to share!
The method for creating your bunny cards can be found here: Bunny card-crafting