Create your own sticky, oozy mud and listen as the squelchy noises come to life!
Imagine you’re going on your bear hunt and leaving footprints in the mud. Can you think of any animal footprints you could make with your fingers, a fork or a pencil?
Top tip: If you have older children you might want to draw letters or spell words in the mud using your fingertips!
You will need
- One and a half tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 125g flour
- 100g water
- A bowl
- A spoon
- A pencil or fork
- A tray or work surface
- Find a tray or a clear work surface you don’t mind getting a little messy!
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix everything together with a spoon
- If it is too sticky, add a little water so that the mud is runny enough to spread onto your tray or surface
- Now the fun begins. Move toy cars or animals across the sticky ground. Notice the noises they make and the marks they leave behind them
- You could have a go at making footprints with your fingers, a fork or a pencil. Or try and spell out letters!
- Don’t forget to wash your hands after!