This fun activity will help your child explore different jobs that might interest them and discover what grown-ups wear to work.
Talk to your child about why grown-ups wear a uniform to work, for example to keep them safe or to make it easy for people to recognise them.
Do they wear a uniform?
Look at the list of jobs below together and ask your child if they think people who work in these jobs usually wear a uniform.
- Bus driver
- Police officer
Can your child think of any other jobs in which people usually wear a uniform?
Guess the job
Ask your child to match the workers to the reasons for their uniform
- Fire fighter
- When handling things in the lab, I must wear goggles to protect my eyes.
- My uniform is specially designed to protect my from fire and heat.
- It is important to cover my hair at work make sure it does not fall in the food.
- My uniform helps people to know that they can ask me for help while they are shopping.
- Health and safety is really important where I work. I must always wear a hard hat on site.