Our Annual Literacy Survey is a series of questions that aim to find out children's attitudes and behaviours around reading, writing and listening. The results will help teachers to change their approach in schools and give your children the best support.
Here is some information to help you and your child to complete our Annual Literacy Survey together. We’re so grateful for your support in allowing us to carry out this important research while schools remain closed. Finding out children’s thoughts about reading helps us develop the most effective activities to help children's reading, writing, speaking and listening skills to get better.
If you have any questions, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each survey can be found online via the link your child received from their teacher
- All answers are completely anonymous, so classmates and teachers won't know how your child has responded
- The survey should only take about 25 minutes to finish
- Particularly for younger children, we recommend looking through the questions before your child makes a start on the survey to get to know what is being asked
- Most of the questions should be easy for children to answer on their own, but please help your child if they have any problems with a question or idea. If your child is struggling a lot they can click ‘exit’ to finish their survey at any time
- Once your child has finished answering the questions, the survey will close
- If you have more than one child who has been asked to complete the survey, they can do it at the same time on different devices. If they are taking it in turns, once one child has completed it, just click on the link again to start a new survey.