What different noises can you make in water? It’s time to head into your bathroom!
This is a great activity to get your little ones taking part in sensory play while listening to and copying the sounds they hear.
You will need
- A bowl or bath
- Things to drop in the water- e.g. plastic toys, a straw, dry pasta, pebbles, marbles or paper
- Fill up a bowl with water or run some water in the bath
- Take it in turns to put different things in the water, watching as they sink or float
- Try splashing to make ripples or using a straw to blow bubbles
- Listen to the noises – splish, splash, plop, bubble and slurp. Have a go at repeating the noises with your child