Try some of the bath time activities below:
- Copy your baby's actions or the sounds they make and see how they respond.
- Talk about what you're doing while you're doing it. For example, when it's time to wash their face say: “Time to wash your face.”
- If they have a bath toy, you can do the action to the toy too; “time to wash duck's face!”
- Play with bath toys (small plastic bottles and cups make great bath toys). Your baby will enjoy watching and listening as you pour water from one container to another or squeeze out a sponge or flannel.
- Sing rhymes to your baby, such as 'Five little Ducks went swimming one day'.
- Talk about what you've done together during the day, or what you're going to do tomorrow. For example, 'Do you remember seeing the ducks at the park today?'
It’s okay if your baby can’t talk back or hold the toys yet. They will be learning as they watch and listen to you.
Watch the video
Good to know
The more fun you have together, the more your baby will learn.