Here is an easy recipe that you can make with your children this Easter. No over needed! It should only take around 15 minutes, plus time for chilling.
Following instructions and reading recipes is a great way for your children to practice their reading and listening skills outside of school.
You will need:
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g rich tea biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 Crunchie bars, roughly chopped
- 40 mini eggs (choose whatever colours you like)
- Gently melt both chocolates, the butter and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or heat in short blasts in the microwave, stirring in between).
- Stir in the biscuits, marshmallows and Crunchie bits.
- Line a 22cm square brownie tin with a double layer of clingfilm then tip in the chocolate mix and level out as much as possible (it will be quite uneven on the surface).
- Push the mini eggs down into the surface (you can halve some of them if you like).
- Put in the fridge to set for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares to serve.
The rocky road will keep well in the fridge.