Cooking with your child is a great way to help them get better at reading and understand how to follow simple instructions. This fun and tasty recipe provides your child with the opportunity to shop for a recipe, read the ingredients and follow the instructions.
You will need:
- Plain fairy cakes (available from most supermarkets, or if you can you could make your own!)
- A packet of small circular biscuits, such as a Rich Tea
- Black writing icing tube
- Edible googly eyes
- Put your cupcake in front of you and place a biscuit in the bottom centre of your cupcake.
- Take another biscuit and cut it into two halves. Ask a grown up to help you with the sharp knife!
- Take the end of the biscuit that has been cut and place it so it is sticking out of the left-hand side of the cupcake. Repeat this for the right-hand side of the cupcake.
- Take your black writing icing tube and draw a smiley face onto the biscuit in the bottom centre of the cupcake.
- Above the biscuit place two googly eyes.
- Enjoy your tasty treat together!