It’s pumpkin-picking season again! In this arts and crafts activity, you and your child can reinvent the traditional orange pumpkin into something a bit different and special to you!
This activity will help your child express themselves through making their mark and improve their speaking and listening skills by following straightforward instructions.
You will need:
- Pumpkins (as many as you would like to paint - big or small).
- Paint (in as many colours as you want)
- Paintbrushes or sponges.
- PVA glue
How to design your brightly-coloured pumpkin:
There really are no rules here, whatever you and your child choose will look great and personal to you!
- Wipe down and dry your pumpkin to remove any dirt or soil on the surface
- Pick up a paintbrush or sponge and apply paint to the pumpkin. Think about the patterns you choose and pumpkin
- Get creative with your design by using multiple colours and tools to apply the paint
- Allow you pumpkin to dry overnight or until the paint is no longer wet to touch. If you want to jazz up your pumpkin even more, add glitter to your painted pumpkin. Start by adding PVA glue to the area you’d like it the glitter and sprinkle it on.
- Put your new creations around your home for everyone to see and celebrate the new season!