All you need for this game is some music and a bit of space.
- Try to choose a song your child knows, or one you think they will like. Something upbeat works best.
- Explain the rules to them before you start. When the music starts, encourage your child to dance around with you. The sillier the better!
- Then, when you’re ready, say “Freeze!”. Both of you have to be as still as possible in whatever pose you’re in.
- Then say “Go!” and start dancing again.
- Take turns. See if you can get into some silly poses when you freeze dancing.
Good to know
This game encourages your child to listen and follow rules. This is a useful skill for when they go to school.