These colourful friendship necklaces are easy to make and are a perfect way to encourage your child to get creative with their friends. You will likely already have everything you need at home.
To Make your friendship necklace, you will need:
- Tube pasta (Macaroni will work best)
- Food colouring of your choice (approximately three colours)
- Zip lock bags (one per colour)
- White wine vinegar
- Start by adding one third of your pasta into a zip lock bag
- Add a few drops of food colouring and two tablespoons of white vinegar to the bag
- Seal the bag and mix until the pasta is brightly coloured
- Repeat for each colour
- Allow the pasta to dry on some paper towels
- To assemble the necklace, start by cutting a piece of string roughly 80 centimetres
- Tie a knot in one end of the string
- Thread the different coloured pasta onto the string.
- Once the string has been threaded with pasta, tie together the two ends of the string to form the necklace.
- Why not try making matching necklaces with friends!
To find out more about this activity, please visit this website