Make up a game together while you’re out and about. You might be surprised by your child’s imagination!
Playing games is a great distraction on a journey, when you’re walking, on a bus, or in the car. They will get your child communicating with you and learning to take turns.
You could ask your child for ideas, or suggest some yourself, for example:
- Don’t step on the cracks.
- First to spot a yellow car.
- How many dogs can you count?
- Take different size animal steps … mouse steps and giraffe steps.
- Chase a raindrop (on a window).
Be silly and have fun, your child will love it if you follow their instructions and rules!