Bake these friendship cookies with your child to share with their friends. Following instructions is a great way for your children to practise reading and chatting.
You will need
- 225g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour (sifted)
- 200g of butter melted
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 100g-200g chocolate bar or chocolate chips (if you want to make chocolate chip biscuits)
- Add the sugar and melted butter in a bowl and mix together.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt together and add to the sugar and butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips at this stage if you’re making chocolate chip cookies.
- Mix together using your hands. Once you get a dough-like texture, add the egg and knead using your hands again.
- Spread some butter onto a baking tray. Take some of the dough, roll into ball then flatten a little. Repeat until you have used up all the dough. Make sure you keep them on the small side as they spread out during baking. Don’t keep biscuits close to each other otherwise they will get stuck together.
- Place in the oven and bake at 160C or gas mark 3 for 10-20 mins. The bigger the cookies, the longer they’ll take to cook. They’re ready when the edges are a bit golden.