Eating more vegetarian or vegan food at home is a great way to help the planet. Spend quality time in the kitchen with your little one by making these tasty vegan treats together!
Looking at recipes is a good opportunity for your child to practice their reading. You can also search for the ingredients together at the supermarket.
You will need:
- 2 lettuce leaves, cut into very thin strips
- A handful of roasted red pepper strips
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 4 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Any other vegetables of your choice
- 2 wholemeal English muffins, sliced in half and toasted (most supermarket varieties are vegan, but do check the ingredients)
- 4 tablespoons hummus
Place the lettuce, red pepper strips, tomatoes, olives and cucumber slices in piles on a plate.
Spread the hummus onto the toasted English muffins.
Use the vegetables to make funny faces on them. You could use lettuce or pepper strips as hair, tomatoes or olives could be eyes; and cucumber slices can be ears!
Use your imagination, adding any vegetables however you like and have fun.