This fun memory game will help your child communicate, develop their concentration and memory. The video below will show you how.
Watch the video
- Gather some of your child’s favourite toys, books and household objects. They can help you with this.
- Place them together and talk about what’s there.
- Ask your child to close their eyes and turn around. Remove some of the items.
- Then get them to open their eyes and see if they can work out what’s missing.
- Take turns removing items and closing your eyes, your child will enjoy testing your memory too.
It doesn’t matter if your child doesn't remember everything – If they get stuck you can give them clues, for example; it's something blue, or it's very soft.
You can support their memory in other ways too. For example, While you’re out for a walk, see if they can remember what they had for breakfast or ask them to tell you their favourite story.
Good to know
This game helps to build concentration and memory, which are important skills for when they start school.