Cleary Gottlieb internship
Our Words for Work virtual internship with Cleary Gottlieb is a week-long opportunity which provides young people aged 15 to 19 years old with a unique insight into working in an international law firm, meeting people from across the company.
Each year we invite young people to apply for the professional internship.
Deadline for applications: closed for 2023
Our applications are closed for 2023 but check back in Summer 2024 for information about how to apply for our Autumn 2024 virtual internship.
What you will be doing
Every morning, interns meet as a group online and are joined by the National Literacy Trust Words for Work team. The session is followed by entire group workshops with Cleary Gottlieb and their partner colleagues at HSBC.
Participants who take part in our virtual internship will experience a range of sessions throughout the internship including:
- Insight sessions – hear from employees across the firm talking about their job, career journey and about working in a large law firm.
- Employability skills sessions – learn about writing a CV, presentation skills, mock interview, communication skills and confidence.
- A mock legal project – this is the perfect opportunity to get first-hand experience. Clearly Gottlieb law firm will give young people expert guidance and develop your negotiation skills.
- A chance to win prizes and rewards!
Find out more about the benefits of a virtual internship.
The 2023 internship runs for one week in October. Check back to sign up for next year's internship.
To be eligible for the internship you must be:
- between 15-19 years old
- live in the UK
- available to take part for the duration of the programme
Last year's participants had a mixture of interests, from history, politics and beyond. This opportunity is open to anyone looking to develop their skills, not just those with an interest in law. Everyone is welcome!
How to apply
Applications are now closed for 2023. Please check back in the summer for new opportunities.
When the application period reopens, potential participants will be asked to download and complete an application form which is made up of three simple questions.
Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to meet a member of Words for Work team for a short discussion on your application.
Do you have any questions?
Get in touch with our Words for Work team via email if you have any questions about the internship or other opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org