Why not challenge your friends and family over the holidays by creating your own Christmas quiz? Writing your own questions and reading them out to people is a great way to practice your literacy skills and have fun at the same time.
Steps to help you get started:
- Write a list of categories for each round of your quiz. They could be based on general themes such as books and music, your local area, or you could even have a picture round or ask people to submit the best Christmas joke.
- Write a few questions based on the categories you’ve chosen. If you want your quiz to be a short and snappy one, you can write two or three questions for each, but if you’d like your quiz to last an hour or so, then 5-10 questions per theme is ideal.
- Make a note of the answers, so you can mark people’s responses and choose a winner. (Remember to hide it from the people taking part in your quiz!)
- Design your own answer sheet for people to complete whilst you’re quizzing them
- Source a prize for the winner. You could also find a smaller prize for last place
- Help someone else write their own quiz, now you’re an expert!