All you need for this game is a toy or object you want to make ‘disappear’, and something to cover it with. A beaker or cloth will work fine.
- Place the object in front of your baby - make sure they see it clearly
- Then cover it up and ask: “Where did it go?”
- Wait for them to respond
- Uncover it, saying “Here it is!” The more over-the-top you are, the more fun it is!
- Ask your baby to help you look for it
- Look for it in silly places together. Is it under the chair? Up your sleeve?
- Act super surprised when you find it.
Good to know
This game will build your baby’s attention span and memory. All this helps them learn to communicate.