Make your own podcast!
Chose your guest(s) and plan your interview questions using out Podcast booklet. Once you have done this, it is time to start recording your first episode! It would be helpful to have your questions on flashcards or a single sheet of paper – nothing where you have to turn a page noisily!
You will need:
- A smartphone or a recording device.
- Open a ‘voice memos’ or ‘voice recorder’ app on your phone. You can also download a voice recording app such as Voice Recorder & Audio Editor on an iPhone, Easy Voice Recorder or Smart Voice Recorder on Google Play
- Click ‘record’ to begin a new recording
- Point the bottom of the recording device (or wherever the microphone is positioned) towards the person who is talking.
- If you want to check the recording is working, try asking your subject what they had for breakfast.
- Press ‘stop’ when you want to pause it.
- Tap ‘new recording’ to rename it.
- Tap ‘play’ to listen back and ‘edit’ to shorten it